Tuesday 13 November 2012

Well they say being a third year in University is the most stressful thing ever, well they would be true. The work load is insane but I actually think that so far I this has been my favourite year at University. I am living in a lovely little house, with incredible friends and just having a lot of fun. I have definitely being going out a lot  more this year than any of my previous years, which probably isn't the best idea as this is my most important year of study. I will probably be ruing myself in years to come when I have a third in my degree but at the moment things are so good.

On Friday, Amarni and I went to see our favourite band in the entire world Bon Iver in Manchetser, I think both being huge fans of Bon Iver really cemented our friendship. Amarni's lovely friend from home Jasmine put us up for the night and met us at Picadilly Station and in true Manchester style it was raining and I had no hood or umbrella, I think I ran over a total of 5 people feet with my suitcase. After we had some food Amarni and I got ready and went to the MEN arena, I think it's safe to say I found my way relatively easily, I definitely have a good sense of direction. The night before the gig I found out that one of my new favourite bands The Staves were supporting Bon Iver, so I was possibly the most excited I have ever been for a gig and I have been to a lot. The Staves were incredible, their harmonies are the best I have ever heard, and Bon Iver were just... I actually don't have the words. Justin Vernon's performance of Woods, was absolutely phenomenal. I just, I have  no words.

After the gig we all went out in Manchester to Antwerp House, and again it was bloody amazing there was a jazz band playing all these incredible songs. The Mansion was filled with sofas and piano's and old televisions and computers. Amarni and I were completely in our element. Well there is a little update and here is a few pictures:













No comments:

Post a Comment