Thursday 23 May 2013

The house that broke my heart.

The picture above depicts a seemingly normal, five bedroom house in Sheffield that quite by happenstance was stumbled upon by five young ladies looking for somewhere to live.
A year down the line and this no different to any other house has broken my heart, this isn't just a house it is the home I share with 4 of my best friends. It is where Amarni and I wake up at 8 o'clock after a big night out and sing at the top of our voices much to everyone's despair. It is where I have laughed until my stomach is sore, eaten until my stomach is sore and drank until my stomach is sore. This here house is my home.
The realisation hit me today thanks to one Amarni Wood, that nothing is ever going to be the same anymore. After 15 years of education and direction, all that is in front of me know is a black whole of uncertainty, and I do not like it, no sir I do not.
I am not ready to say goodbye, I am not ready to leave Sheffield, I'm not ready to not be around the people that make me smile the most 24/7.
It's hard to be sad, when you have such incredible stories and memories of my time here, but it is hard not to be sad at the same time. Leaving behind a life that I have sculpted out for myself is so hard, I feel like Benedict Cumberbatch has just broken up with me. The end of a beautiful, tumultuous relationship, I want to hang on for dear life to it, until my nails are raw but I can't and I'm finding hard to accept that.

25 Khartoum Road,
You were the first house I lived in with my pals, you were beautiful if not very messy the majority of the time. It was great and I'll never forget you.



2 comments: