Thursday 31 January 2013

The future

With the dawn of 2013 here, my life as I've known it will be coming to an end. In 4 months I will have finished University and I will be in the big, bad world with not a clue as to what to do. Actually strictly speaking that isn't true, as I am going travelling for 6 months with two of my best friends around Thailand, Australia and America. But an excruciating year, of saving and completely cutting back on meals, drinks out and clothes, which essentially what I live for. But it will be worth it, seeing tonnes of amazing things and sharing it with two of the people I love the most, is ridiculously exciting.
Lets backtrack to this whole finishing University; Am I scared? I am absolutely petrified. Education is all I have ever known, and being one of the large percentage of people who doesn't have a clue with what to do with the rest of my life, I'm feeling pretty crummy about it. Although no assignments, research and reading books the size of an elephant will actually be quite a nice change. For me University is the place to go, when you don't have a clue what to do, obviously unless you're doing medicine or law or a subject like that, you go to University for the social side and much as the education. So I thought I will go to Uni, I will move away from home and become independent and that is exactly what I have done. I have made incredible, life long friends and I have had some of the best moments of my life over the past three years. But I still don't know what to do with the rest of my life. So travelling was my option, I have always wanted to go travelling. Experiencing different cultures, meeting new people has always been something that has appealed to me greatly. I am hoping my 6 month trip will give me some insight into the things I want to achieve and who I want to be and what I want to do.
So there is 50% of me that is utterly petrified about not knowing what or where I am going with my life, but the other 50% is excited and completely up for the challenge. I think it is okay if you don't know what to do, people go through years and years of their life thinking they know what want, then down the line they realise it isn't what they want any more. So you know, I am not going to worry, I'm going to take life as it comes and I am going to enjoy it. That is the crux of life surely, to enjoy it, else somewhere down the line you will just have a list of 'I wish I would have's' and you won't be able to do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment